Water Tube Blue River, Hot Springs & More
High Adrenaline Adventure!
Costa Rica’s Premier Tubing Tour..........Along a Blue River.......... Breath Taking Nature
Return to Rincon de la Vieja's Blue River Resort & Hot Springs, to soak in natural mineral “green” hot springs, swim, take a mud bath & sauna, stroll botanical gardens and butterfly gardens, plus much more…
Tour Options: Including Transportation or Drop-in
Pick-up/Drop-Off Point: Your hotel or nearby, along Guanacaste beaches like Grand Papagayo, Coco beach, Tamarindo, Pinilla or Conchal or in Liberia.
Pick-Up: 6:00 am from hotels in Tamarindo, Pinilla or Conchal. Or approximately 7:00 am for hotels in the Coco Beach area.
Drop-Off: Depart 4:00 pm and return to pick-up points, where we will be arriving in time for dinner.
Includes: Bilingual guide, transportation, welcome cocktail, locker, set lunch, water tubing, botanical gardens, butterfly gardens, hot springs, pools, natural mud treatment
Price Per Person: $135 per adult, $115 per child (confident swimmers only) between 8 to 12
Minimum Group Size: 4 people
Includes: Resort entrance, set lunch & guided tour (water tubing)
Price Per Person: $65 per adult, $55 per child under 12
Note: Arrive before 830am and best to reserve in advance
Bring: Comfortable clothing, insect repellent, water shoes, long sleeve shirt for tubing. Bathing suit, sunscreen, (depending on weather conditions a rain jacket), extra clothing
Extras: Spa treatments & extra food and beverages at Tiki Bar & Restaurant
Cash deposit toward locker and towel use may be required
Special rates may apply to nationals
Reserve at least a day in advance.
Price and availability are subject to change.
One of the most exciting ways to go down a river is lying on an inner tube, that winds around bends and passes along calm water, white water and through adrenalin pumping chutes. Our water tubing adventure is fun for all adults looking for excitement and we consider this Costa Rica’s best tubing tour. Rocks tower out of the water but are blocked by the tube like a bumper car, sending you in another direction, spinning forward or backward. Being in close contact with the water means that whoever doesn’t hold on may fall out of the tube. The lush rainforest forms a picturesque periphery, through canyons and thick jungle. In fact the sound of blue water rushing past is quiet compared to the resident howler monkeys, insects and birds.
The tubing takes place in the rain forest along the amazing blue water river, Rio Azul. The drop-off point is a short distance from Blue River Resort & Hot Springs and the adventure lasts approximately 2 ½ hours. Prepare for an unforgettable water tubing experience that is pure pleasure.
After water tubing, spend time at Blue River Resort & Hot Springs, with its four gorgeous natural mineral “green” hot spring pools, mud baths, the botanical gardens with over 700 varietals, the butterfly farm, the fresh water pool with bullet waterslide and much more.
Tour Includes: Transportation, bilingual tour guide, entrance fees, welcome cocktail and lunch
What to Bring: Closed-toe water shoes, sunscreen and insect repellent long sleeve shirt for water, change of clothes & bathing suit.
Warning: Mother nature is our boss and sometimes weather conditions dictate a cancellation. Safety is our first consideration. If we can warn you before the tour we will and you may choose to cancel or postpone. If advance warning will not be possible you will be offerred to on the following alternative adventure tours (if available). There is the Zip Lining & Tarzan Swing, the Grand Waterfall & Blue River Adventure, and Dino Park.
- Pick Up: from hotels in Tamarindo, Pinilla or Conchal, 7:00 am. From hotels in hotels in the Coco Beach area, approximately 8:00 am.
- 10:00 am: Arrival at Blue River Resort & Hot Springs for a welcome cocktail at the Spa. Change clothing to prepare for your first adventure.
- 10:30 am: Depart for a short drive to the drop off point near Rio Azul. Hike along paths to reach this blue volcanic river, where the adventure begins.
- Approximately 12:30 pm: Return to Blue River Resort to enjoy a delightful lunch à la carte or from a special menu for our clients.
- 1:30 pm: Tour the Botanical Gardens with approximately 700 plants varietal, heliconias, fruit-bearing trees, timber-yielding trees, orchids, hummingbird garden, tropical fish lake; and then, the Butterfly Gardens with hundreds of Central America species.
- 2:15 pm Relaxation time: Take a mud bath & natural sauna in the botanical gardens Then swim in the 4 spectacular natural mineral “green” hot springs pools and the fresh water pool and bullet slide.
- 4:00 pm We return to your hotel where we will be arriving in time for dinner.
Learn more about the Water Tubing Tour at Blue River Resort & Hot Springs
- Natural Mineral Hot Springs Pools
- Botanical Gardens
- Butterfly Farm
- Video Presentations
- View More Pictures
Groups & Special Occasions
Celebrate with friends, family or with that special somebody!
We'll put together something extra special. Contact Us