Cathedral Waterfalls Adventure
A blue river, water-filled chamber rich with minerals and glorious waterfalls that combine the powerful sounds of wind and water to produce a wondrous, mystical, natural display – unique in Costa Rica. Hike or horseback ride through breath taking rain forest to encounter a legend come-to-life, kept secret by the local elders, until now, that will connect you spiritually to nature.
Afterward, return to Blue River Resort & Hot Springs, with views of the smoking majestic volcano, Rincon de la Vieja. Soak in natural mineral “green” hot springs, swim, take a mud bath & sauna, stroll botanical gardens and butterfly gardens, plus much more…Includes a delicious lunch.
Tour Options: With Transportation or Drop-in
Pick-up/Drop-Off Point: Your hotel or nearby, along Guanacaste beaches like Grand Papagayo, Coco beach, Tamarindo, Pinilla or Conchal or in Liberia.
Pick-Up: 6:00 am from hotels in Tamarindo, Pinilla or Conchal. Or approximately 7:00 am for hotels in the Coco Beach area.
Drop-Off: Depart 4:00 pm and return to pick-up points, where we will be arriving in time for dinner.
Includes: Bilingual guide, transportation, welcome cocktail, locker, set lunch, water tubing, botanical gardens, butterfly gardens, hot springs, pools, natural mud treatment
Price Per Person: $135 per adult, $115 per child between 4 to 12 (hiking option)
Minimum Group Size: 4 people
Hiking to Waterfalls: $35 per adult and child 4-12 years
Horseback Riding to Waterfalls: $55 per adult and child 4-12 years
ADD DINO PARK!
Hiking to Waterfalls & Dino Park: $60 per adult, $50 per child 4-12 years
Horseback Riding to Waterfalls & Dino Park: $80 per adult, $70 per child 4-12 years
Includes: Resort facilities, set lunch & bilingual guide
Bring: Comfortable clothing, insect repellent, water shoes, long sleeve shirt, bathing suit, sunscreen, (depending on weather conditions a rain jacket), extra clothing
Extras: Spa treatments & extra food and beverages at Tiki Bar & Restaurant
Arrive: Best to arrive before 830am
Deposit: Cash deposit toward locker and towel use may be required
Rates: Special rates may apply for nationals.
Reserve: At least a day in advance.
Price and availability: Subject to weather conditions and time of year.
Itinerary with Transportation
- Pick Up:
7:00 am: From hotels in Tamarindo, Pinilla or Conchal.
8:00 am: From hotels in hotels in the Coco Beach area, approximately.
- 10:00 am: Arrival at Blue River Resort & Hot Springs for a welcome cocktail at the Spa. Change clothing to prepare for your first adventure.
- 10:30 am: Depart on foot or by horse through farm and jungle to reach Rio Azul’s Cathedral Waterfalls. Hike along foot paths to chamber for dips into the river.
- Approximately 12:30 pm: Return to Blue River Resort & Hot Springs. Enjoy a delightful lunch.
- 1:30 pm: Tour the Botanical Gardens with approximately 700 plants varietal, heliconias, fruit-bearing trees, timber-yielding trees, orchids, hummingbird garden, tropical fish lake; and then, the Butterfly Gardens with hundreds of Central America species.
- 2:15 pm Relaxation time: Take a mud bath & natural sauna in the botanical gardens Then swim in the 4 spectacular natural mineral “green” hot springs pools and the fresh water pool and bullet slide.
- 4:00 pm: Return trip to your hotel where we will be arriving in time for dinner.