To achieve this mission while:
• Achieving and maintaining successful businesses
• Educating in true environmentalism and ecology
• Investing in children as an investment in our future
• Showcasing the natural beauty of Costa Rica"
"The company's values will achieve this mission by maintaining our hotel and partnership with our guests and children, by exposing people to the importance of ecology. The result is a win-win relationship for business with respect to return on investment as well as for the environment."
Emphasizing Community, Sustainability and the Environment
Being in Costa Rica's jungle, Blue River Hotel places great emphasis on sustaining the environment and supporting people living in the small communities in and around the hotel. We also run a rescue center for animals that provides sanctuary to the bird species that have been injured in the Rincon de la Vieja, Guanacaste region. We consider it our obligation to ensure that both local people and international visitors enjoy the natural beauty and qualities of the surroundings. The resort offers immense opportunities to educate guests and locals about the environment.
We also support programs for children to learn about the environment. Our company has a partnership with schools in Costa Rica to bring children at the resort's expense for a one-day experience of learning about the natural wonders of Costa Rica. By hiring local workers- as much as possible- we hope to alleviate the employment struggles in the area. Other contributions to this Costa Rican rainforest hotel include:
• Building bathrooms for schools
• Renovating damaged kitchens in schools
• Purchasing chairs and tables for classrooms
• Participating in the restoration of the community center
• Building roads
• Bringing electricity