Rincon de la Vieja Volcano National Park Regulations
Blue River Resort & Hot Springs, Costa Rica
- The capture or trade of wild animals is prohibited in all National Parks or Reserves, domestic flora and fauna, and all products or by-products of such.
- The export, import or transfer of any species specified on the endangered species list, or products thereof, is strictly prohibited.
- The Ministry of Atmosphere and Energy strictly forbids the possession, hunting, fishing or extraction for whatever reason, be it products or by-products of any species of flora or fauna listed as being in danger of extinction.
- Any species in danger of extinction shall be dealt with on a scientific platform to assist in the preservation, regeneration and longevity of each individual endangered species.
- Countries not listed as members of the Convention on International Trade of Endangered Species of Wild Fauna & Flora are strictly prohibited to transfer, import or export any species that's survival is considered in danger. Further information can be found at www.cites.org.
- It is universally prohibited to pick, extract, disturb, or remove all wild flora and fauna found within protected parks and reserves.
Violations of the above are considered crimes punishable by both national and international laws. Therefore, we kindly encourage everyone to cooperate in our efforts to encourage the protection of our natural biodiversity and resources, and thank you in advance for choosing to be a part of a growing international ecological consciousness!
Perhaps sustainability in Costa Rica mountain hotels is best summed up as follows:
- RESPECT the local environment and the local culture and traditions.
- PROTECT our nature and the natural treasures.
- PRESERVE local resources.
As a consumer perhaps you wish to learn more about how to be eco-friendly. Though a Costa Rica jungle hotel, Blue River Resort & Hotel makes sustainable tourism seem natural .Here are some suggestions that can help put these words into practice - Practicing Eco-Friendly Behaviour
Learn more about travelling to Rincon de la Vieja
Blue River Resort & Hot Springs is Costa Rica's only major hotel in the rainforest jungle along the north base of Rincon de la Vieja, Volcano National Park. Many rivers, including the famous blue volcanic rivers, Rio Celeste and Rio Penjamos begin on north side of Rincon de la Vieja and run through our valley. The many private properties that border park are like parks. So it is incumbent upon all visitors to follow the rules, regulations and laws established by the Costa Rican government and National Parks system, in order to help you avoid inadvertently harming the environment:
Blue River Resort & Hot Springs, Costa Rica
Mission, Vision and Values
Creating Blue River Resort & Hot Springs jungle hotel in Costa Rica is the realization of a dream. It's dream was to create a place where people and nature can come together in a harmonious and sustainable manner. It would be a place where families can enjoy quality time together, where one's mind, body and soul can be rejuvinated and where local people can access to the wonders in their own backyard. When Blue River Resort & Hot Springs was only an idea, the following statement for the resort's mission, vision and values was created:
"The Company's mission is to foster a unique brand of ecotourism that exposes international visitors and the children of Costa Rica to the natural wonders of the country in the form of a profitable business that practices the principles of sustainable development."
To achieve this mission while:
- Achieving and maintaining successful businesses
- Educating in true environmentalism and ecology
- Investing in children as an investment in our future
- Showcasing the natural beauty of Costa Rica"
"The company's values will achieve this mission by maintaining our hotel and partnership with our guests and children, by exposing people to the importance of ecology. The result is a win-win relationship for business with respect to return on investment as well as for the environment."
Emphasizing Community, Sustainability and the Environment
Being in Costa Rica's jungle, Blue River Hotel places great emphasis on sustaining the environment and supporting people living in the small communities in and around the hotel. They also run a rescue center for animals that provides sanctuary to the bird species that have been injured in the Rincon de la Vieja, Guanacaste region. They consider it their obligation to ensure that both local people and international visitors enjoy the natural beauty and qualities of the surroundings. The owners also believe the future is the hands of children and advocate investing in their future. The Resort offers immense opportunities to educate guests and locals about the environment. By practicing and educating good environmental practices, we will be a model for others.
The ownership also believes in supporting the people who live around this Costa Rica jungle hotel, especially the children. The Company has a partnership with schools in Costa Rica to bring children at the resort's expense for a one day experience, to learn about natural wonders of Costa Rica By hiring local workers, as much as possible, to build, maintain and operate the hotel and tours we hope to alleviate the employment struggles in the area. Other contributions to this Costa Rica jungle hotel include:
- Build bathrooms for schools
- Renovate damaged kitchens in schools
- Purchased chairs and tables for classrooms
- Participate in the restoration of the community center
- Build roads
- Bring electricity