Cathedral Waterfalls Adventure
Cathedral Waterfalls Adventure
1-Day Tour Cathedral Waterfall Tour
Hike or horseback ride to Cathedral Falls for spiritually connecting to nature; a difficult to describe blue river, water-filled chamber rich with minerals and glorious waterfalls that combine the powerful sounds of wind and water to produce a wondrous, mystical, natural display – unique in Costa Rica.
– Drop-in or be picked up with bi-lingual guide where your staying (Liberia, along a Guanacaste beaches like Playa del Coco, Hermasa, Flamingo, Pinilla, Conchal or Tamarindo or around La Cruz). Prices subject to change, depending on pick—up/ drop-off distance. Pick-up location, time & price to be confirmed in advance.
- Minimum Group Size: 4 people
- Includes: Tour, bilingual guide (English & Spanish). With transportation option includes welcome cocktail, set lunch, botanical gardens, butterfly gardens, hot springs, pools, natural mud treatment.
- Bring: Comfortable clothing, insect repellent, water shoes, long sleeve shirt, bathing suit, sunscreen, (depending on weather conditions a rain jacket), extra clothing.
- Extras: Spa treatments & extra food and beverages at Tiki Bar & Restaurant.
- Arrive: Best to arrive before 8:30 AM
- Deposit: Cash deposit toward locker and towel use may be required
- Rates: Special rates may apply for nationals.
- Reserve: At least a day in advance.
- Price and availability: Cancellation and availability subject to weather conditions & time of year. Price adjustment subject to transpiration distance.
– For itinerary, see bottom of page.
Rates and Options
1-Day Tour Cathedral Waterfall Tour with Transportation
Price Per Person: $135 per adult, $115 per child 4 to 12 years old (hiking option only)
Drop-in Rates & Options
If getting here on your own, reserve the option of your choice in advance
- Arrive before 8:30 AM
- See above notes for more info
Cathedral Waterfalls, Lunch & Pass at Blue River Resort & Hot Springs
- Option 1: Hike Waterfalls $65 per adult and $55 per child 4-12 years old
- Option 2: Horseback to Waterfalls $75 per adult and $65 per child 4-12 years old
- Option 3: Hike to Waterfalls & Dino Park $80 per adult and $70 per child 4-12 years old
Cathedral Waterfalls (Tour-Only) Options
- Option 1: Hike to Cathedral Waterfalls $37 per adult and $27 per child 4-12 years old
- Option 2: Horseback to Cathedral Waterfalls $55 per adult and $44 per child 4-12 years ADD DINO PARK!
ADD DINO PARK!
- Option 3: Hiking to Cathedral Waterfalls & Dino Park $60 per adult, $50 per child (4-12 years)
- Option 4: Horseback to Cathedral Waterfalls & Dino Park $80 per adult, $70 per child (4-12 years)
Itinerary for Cathedral 1-Day Tour with Transportation
- Pick Up:
7:00 am:From hotels in Tamarindo, Pinilla or Conchal.
8:00 am:From hotels in hotels in the Coco Beach area, approximately.
- 10:00 am:Arrival at Blue River Resort & Hot Springs for a welcome cocktail at the Spa. Change clothing to prepare for your first adventure.
- 10:30 am:Depart on foot or by horse through farm and jungle to reach Rio Azul’s Cathedral Waterfalls. Hike along foot paths to chamber for dips into the river.
- Approximately 12:30 pm:Return to Blue River Resort & Hot Springs. Enjoy a delightful lunch.
- 1:30 pm:Tour the Botanical Gardens with approximately 700 plants varietal, heliconias, fruit-bearing trees, timber-yielding trees, orchids, hummingbird garden, tropical fish lake; and then, the Butterfly Gardens with hundreds of Central America species.
- 2:15 pm Relaxation time: Take a mud bath & natural sauna in the botanical gardens Then swim in the 4 spectacular natural mineral “green” hot springs pools and the fresh water pool and bullet slide.
- 4:00 pm:Return trip to your hotel where we will be arriving in time for dinner.