Retiring in Costa Rica
A growing number of people are moving to Costa Rica to relax and enjoy a healthier, more affordable retirement. Here are a few encouraging reasons:
- The basic cost of living in Costa Rica is lower than in most other retirement places; pensions and other retirement funds stretch much further in Costa Rica.
- The medical facilities here are comparable to, or better than, those offered in many other parts of the world; very important to seniors with health issues.
- The cost of health services provided in those facilities is lower than in other countries; another factor appreciated by retirees on a budget.
- A good healthy diet is more affordable in Costa Rica than on the Continents.
a) Healthy diets are essential to maintaining an ideal weight at any age. Exotic fruits and vegetables are expensive in USA and Canadian supermarkets because they are imported there. In Costa Rica they are grown on local farms and are very affordable at local ‘Farmers Markets’.
b) Processed foods are classified as undesirable by dieticians; these items are imported into Costa Rica and tend to be more expensive than fresh produce. It is cheaper to eat well and live a healthier life here.
- In Costa Rica the sun shines 365 days of the year with occasional showers; outdoor activities can be enjoyed all year long. Retirees willingly take part in healthier outdoor activities like hiking, biking, horseback riding, swimming, kayaking, swimming and boating.
- Retirees and expatriates enjoy memberships at golf courses, gyms, yoga, and fitness studios, all for a nominal charge.
- Retirees slow the natural aging process in Costa Rica due to the relaxed lifestyle that reduces stress.
Expatriates moving here to retire in Costa Rica claim to enjoy a healthy weight loss of 30-40 pounds annually. Loss of the excess weight comes from adapting a more active lifestyle and eating fresh fruits and vegetables, high in vitamins, minerals and antioxidants.
Visit Blue River Resort & Hot Springs
– along the north side of the volcano national park, Rincon de la Vieja
Tourists to Blue River Resort and Hot Springs come for the awesome natural habitat, the spa, the hot springs, the many on-site activities and the Eco-adventure tours. It’s the perfect place for medical tourists, who are recovering from a procedures performed at the international medical clinics in and around Liberia, Guanacaste. We are only 90 minutes from Liberia’s international airport. For those retirees in Costa Rica and in particular, the Guanacaste beaches are a great get-away to experience something completely different.
Blue River Estate – For an Eco Adventure Life-Style
Owning property in Costa Rica can involve moving here to retire or have a second home and Blue River Estate might be just what you are seeking. Its a 26-acre residential sub-division located along a blue river with a one-of-a-kind private park. There are views of the majestic volcano, Rincon de la Vieja on one side and views of Lake Nicaragua on the other. It feels like being in the middle of a jungle paradise, yet only 90 minutes from Liberia, Guancaste. Ownership includes free life-time membership at Blue River Resort & Hot Springs and much more.
For detailed information please contact:
Blue River Estate
Liberia. Guanacaste, Costa Rica
(US) 800- 840-5071 / (CR) 506-2290-9070