Blue River Resort & Hot Springs is in a Blue Zone
Blue River All Inclusive Resort & Hot Springs is located in one of the world’s ‘Blue Zones’. The Nicoya Peninsula is a place people come to holiday along the beaches and reaches up the Rincon de la Vieja. The people living in Blue Zones reach age 100 at rates 10 times greater than in the United States. Yet by comparison, Costa Rica spends only 15 percent of what America does on health care. The Costa Rican people appear to be living longer, seemingly healthier lives than people in any other country on Earth.
There are only 5 Blue Zone areas throughout the world. In all the areas, its inhabitants live for much longer productive lives that in other places. The research suggests that minerals contained in the drinking water created naturally from rain falling on the volcano is rich is calcium. Another attribute may be soaking in the mineral rich hot springs of Rincon de la Vieja which many believe will cure ailments and bring healing to the body and mind. Here are a few of their findings:
- The calcium in the water contributes to strong bones and low rates of heart diease,
- Year-round sunshine provides Vitamin D that counteracts depression and osteoporosis.
- During these long and healthy lives, many centenarians live with relatives and are surrounded by lifelong neighbors.
- The people stay focused on their life purpose, believing in God, a strong work ethic and the importance of enjoying life.
- Costa Ricans don’t let stress diminish their natural vigor.