Combine the Grand Waterfalls & Blue River Adventure with Hot Springs
An Eco-Adventure tour to experience the north side of Rincon de la Vieja – an amazing blue river, a dip in the Grand Waterfalls and time at Blue River Costa Rica Resort & Hot Springs; in the hot springs pools, botanical gardens, butterfly gardens, natural mud bath & sauna and more. Either drop-by or be picked up at your hotel. Options can include horseback riding. Below, see specifics and pricing. Then reserve this Eco-tour for an unforgettable adventure.
Price Per Person: $135 per adult, $115 per child under 12
Minimum Group Size: 4 people
Pick-up/Drop-Off: Transportation to/from your hotel, whether in Liberia or the Guancaste beaches, like Grand Papagayo, Coco beach, Tamarindo, Pinilla or Conchal.
Pick Up: ~7:00 am (determined by location)
Return: Arrive back at about 6:30pm
Includes: Welcome cocktail, locker, set lunch, bilingual guide, blue river and waterfall tour, resort entrance to hot springs pools, mud treatment, botanical gardens, butterfly gardens, hot springs, etc.
Price Per Person: $65 per adult, $55 per child under 12
Includes: Entrance fee to resort for use of amenities, the Blue River Tour (guided visit to blue river and Grand Waterfalls, walk & swim tour), lunch & time at resort for hot springs pools, fresh water pool & bullet slide, natural mud bath & sauna, botanical gardens, butterfly gardens etc.
- Bring comfortable clothing, insect repellent & hiking shoes for the tour. Also a bathing suit, sunscreen, (depending on weather conditions a rain jacket and extra clothing).
- Cash deposit toward locker and towel use may be required
- Extras: Food and beverages available at Tiki Bar and Restaurant. Spa Treatments
- Special rates may apply to nationals
- Reserve at least a day in advance.
- Price and availability are subject to change.
Venture forth on the Rincon de la Vieja Tour for a Blue River Rainforest and Hot Springs Adventure! Only here, along the Carribean side of majestic Rincon de la Vieja Volcano National Park can you experience the gorgeous brilliant blue volcanic rivers, the”emerald green” natural mineral hot springs and a rainforest abundant in wildlife. Discover a rainforest paradise with exotic plants, animals and cascading waterfalls. After your adventure, we welcome you to Blue River Costa Rica Resort and Hot Springs to soak in 4 gorgeous hot springs pools, swim in the fresh-water pool with a bullet waterslide, have mud bath and tour the botanical gardens with over 700 varietals, the butterfly farm and much more. All this is included in the price listed!
Tour Itinerary (with transporation)
- 7:00 am: Pick-up from hotels in Tamarindo, Pinilla or Conchal. Or approximately 8:20 am for hotels in the Coco Beach area.
- 10:00 am: Arrival at Blue River Resort & Hot Springs for a welcome cocktail at the Spa. Change clothing to prepare for your first adventure.
- 10:30 am: Depart for a short drive to the private, Blue River Park to enjoy an out-of-this-world river, the Rio Pénjamo, which possesses incomparable beauty. Hike along trails bordering the the blue volcanic site. You’ll be be amazed by the grand river and the tropical rainforest. Then follow 4 different waterfalls and a natural water slide and make your way to the source of the blue water.
- 12:30 pm: Return to Blue River Costa Rica Resort to enjoy a delightful lunch à la carte chosen from a special menu for our clients.
- 1:30 pm: After a satisfying lunch, we visit the amazing Botanical gardens where you’ll enjoy approximately 700 plants varietal, heliconias, fruit-bearing trees, timber-yielding trees, orchids, hummingbird garden, tropical fish lake and then visit our expectacular buttefly garden with nearly 15 species of buterflies, a population of 700 butterflies daily.
- 2:15 pm: Relaxation time is given to enjoy our natural green minerals hot springs pools.
- 4:00pm: We return to the beaches.
Tours commence from Blue River Resort & Hot Springs Hotel which only 60 kilometres from Liberia, Guanacaste, Costa Rica, along the north base of the volcano national park, Rincon de la Vieja, uniquely found in the mountain rainforest.